Sunday, October 5, 2014

Monday Mural: inside and outside the rabbit

This new mural in the downtown area was completed by Lord Nychos the Weird, a street art group from Vienna.  As near as I can tell Nychos is the primary artist and Lord and the Weird are crews that work with him.  He's done walls all over Europe, South America, and several places in the USA.  It's hard to know what to say about a gigantic dissected rabbit.  There are things about this work I admire, but the creepiness factor is a little too high for my taste.

Welcome to Monday Mural:  if you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme's for you.  Just follow the Linky steps below.  You decide what constitutes a mural.  Once you start looking, you find them everywhere.  Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters.  Looking forward to the mural finds posted this week.

Google+ users, please configure your post so we all can leave a comment.  Thanks.

19 comments:

  1. You inspired my inner creepy! Fortunately I had this green glowing grinning skull I shot this week. . . . . LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is strangely fascinating to stare at. I kind of like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the bunny belongs on the side of a veterinary med school....DrumMajor (via Cloudia's Comfort Spiral)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They must have a message I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed a very well executed mural but a bit creepy as subject.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like an X-rayed (X-rated!) work. I can appreciate as my background is medical :-)
    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caught my eye right away. Would be a great subject for a vet school as mentioned, or perhaps someone trying to get the vegan message out? Everyone thinks bunnies are cute after all, but in that case a dissected cow would be just as unappealing though quite a bit harder to paint I would imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's interesting for sure but i wonder if it freaks kids out! mine would love it but i hear there are sensitive kids around :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, this is a bit creepy! But at least it's colorful. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just loved that rabbit! I want it on my wall in home :)

    ReplyDelete